Blue Roasted Brown Fused Alumina for Abrasives
The high-temperature treated brown fused alumina is intensively processed series respectively baked in a kiln under 1050℃ and 1350℃. Through the calcination under the temperature of 1050℃ and 1350℃, the quality of brown fused alumina gets improved. By far, it has been evident the heat treated brown fused alumina is the best of the family in making advanced abrasive products.
Comparative Analysis of Brown Fused Alumina Toughness:
Calcined at 1050℃
Calcined at 1350℃
Available Grain Size:
Advantage of Heat-temperature Treated corundum
1. Eliminating anomalous expansion in abrasive grain. In the smelting process in the Electric Arc Furnace, under the temperature of 900-1000℃, chemical compositions of Ti2O3, TiO, Tic, and TiN are oxidized which leads to the BFA crystalline increase in size that over than its normal expansion. Such kind of anomalous expansion subsequentially incur cracks in the grinding wheels after fusion by an oven. However, by high-temperature treating, anomalous expansion is avoided.
2. Improving toughness and abrasiveness of corundum. The compressive strength of brown fused alumina increased after high heat treated. moreover, The internal stress incurred by the grain sorting process also get improved. Therefore, the coated and bonded abrasives made out of high heat treated corundum have the virtues of durable, sharpness and high grinding performance.
3. Improve Brown fused alumina hydrophilic feature. Under 800℃ to 900℃，the volatile material and impurities, or low melting point materials will be eliminated.
4. Improve the toughness of abrasives tools. High heat treated brown fused alumina has higher purity and cleanliness which help to improve the grain connected with the binder, lessen the using of binder and improving the abrasives toughness. By using good hydrophilic brown fused alumina, the durability of coated abrasive tools will be increased 30%-50%.
5. Improving the appearance and grinding performance. The magnetic materials are reduced in the high-temperature processing which assures no spots in abrasives surface.